Friday, March 1, 2019

Thoughts on my 74th birthday

So today is my birthday and I thank God for such precious years gone by, but no matter how old we get on our birthdays it makes us stop and think about the years we have lived. I don't feel old. I use to say, " I am getting old". Now I say I am there, but hold on not all the way there yet! (haha)
I am looking at life like a book. (I know it's not original "the book of life") But if we are lucky we have about 8 to 10 chapters in our book. THAT'S A SHORT BOOK! Our first chapter one birth to 10yrs old, then comes "teen years" is chapter two. You guessed it, 20's is chapter three, 30's chapter four and so on. Well, you get the picture! That's not really that long you know. Yes a very short book and some people don't get to live their full book of life. So I am thankful that I am in my 7th chapter. Well anyway, write each of your chapters with memories to look back on and cling to when you get in your later chapters in your book. I am not unhappy. I am thankful that I still have some living to do. Who you calling Grams, of course it's me. 


1 comment:

  1. I'm proud to call you grams! And here is to SEVERAL more chapters! Happy Birthday ♥️

    ReplyDelete

Our neighborhood was a long dirt road part 1

 Talking to my sister Doris,  this morning and we were thinking back on the families we grew up with on North County Line Rd. We lived in a ...